Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Grand Opening of Foot Locker in Milan, Italy

 Even though it was a scorching hot day, as night fell, events were launched. I had the chance to attend the grand opening of Foot Locker with Quateshia Marigny. Located conveniently in the city center with so many interesting people around and many opportunities to network (Quateshia worked her magic and we ended up speaking with a creative individual, the DJ).

The DJ at this event originated from New York and studied at FIDM and now he is living in Milan to carry out his own boutique for urban sneakers and underground fashions. There are so many hidden gems throughout Milan and you have to talk to the right people in order to unleash that kind of secret shopping destination. I was also introduced to people within the Foot Locker company who came all the way from Britain, Holland and London.

 Foot Locker Milan, largest flagship store in Europe 

 While in conversation, I was told that I had a strong accent and I was so amused to the fact that my accent to them was far better than theres (this was quit shocking to me because to me I don't feel that I speak any differently). This was such an intriguing part of my night, and being that I only have two days left to spend in Milan, it was a night well spent.

1 comment:

  1. Great to know about your grand opening. Have recently visited to my friend’s opening party at one event space. It was just amazing with awesome preparations. Many big personalities were there. Was very happy to meet them.

    ReplyDelete