Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Falling in Love with Firenze


In the center of cities in Italy, extravagant cathedrals demand attention. The Florence Duomo made of colorful marble facade, also known as the "Saint Mary of the Flower," has a very Gothic and renaissance feel and it's presence creates a strong lasting impression of this era.

Thinking back to my Global Fashion class during my freshman year, I remember working on the fashion during the Renaissance era and as I walked towards this cathedral, everything that I researched and gathered came together and appeared right in front of me. I did not get the chance to view the inside of the church, but I was able to find pictures that show the paintings that were done. Much of the art work such as the paintings, translates into the fashion world today and many garments that are designed by designers who are fascinated by this time period.

 The Interior of the Florence Duomo

Painting in the Duomo by Domenico de Michellino (1465)

 Detailing from the Dome on the inside of the Cathedral

Click here to read more about the history of this sacred destination.
http://www.sacred-destinations.com/italy/florence-duomo
By far, the most eye-catching architecture that I have seen, with incredible bluish-green marble finish that reflected beautifully in the sun-light. I could not even believe that it was real because it looked like a mirage from the distance.

I am very inspired by angels and throughout Florence there were angelic representations that can be seen everywhere. My next design inspirations will be coming from all of the different angel themes that I saw throughout Florence.

GENUINE LEATHER
BORSE IN PELLE
MADE IN ITALY

I was able to find this silver plaited necklace with an angel on it to bring back with me to remind me of how heavenly it was, staying in Florence. Also, I have been looking for a leather piece that was made in Italy and I finally came across this leather bag that is symbolic of a leaf that goes into a stem.

Italy is known for their leather creations along with their craftsmanship. This is part of their tradition and culture and people from all around the world come to explore. The history of Italy still lives strong in the structures that hold it together and the last of Italian hand-crafted tradition can be witnessed and
taken in by many. 

Florence was everything that I thought it would be and more. It is very hard to not fall in love with Firenze due to it's effortless romantiscism that filled the air.