Monday, June 13, 2011

Fashion vs. Art: IL TEATRO ALLA MODA

 This is the best costume museum that I have ever seen and it is amazing to see all of the intricate details that each piece entails. I was absolutely flattered by this particular dress below because it reminds me of my own designs.
FASHION

Capriccio, Gianni Versace
Abito Sonia Delaunay

 Gianni Versace. Sonia Delaunay Dress - 
Costume to baskets in silk satin with applications matelassè reason tufted and hand-painted graphics inspired by the work of Sonia Delaunay. 1990, Capriccio, Richard Strauss San Francisco Opera House in London, Royal Opera House
  
VS.

ART

As I was walking through the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, I ended up here at this interesting geometric piece of a woman on a bike. When I stopped to snap this photo, I could think of so many designs that I can come up. Even just sitting here and looking at this picture, I become very inspired enough to take out my sketchbook and start sketching out a whole collection.

The similarities between the fashion from the art can be viewed from many different perspectives. As I examined both sides, I could clearly see all of the geometric shapes such as circles, triangles, and some irregular shapes that can be seen dispersed throughout the costume piece, designed by Gianni Versace.

No comments:

Post a Comment