Monday, June 20, 2011

3 Rows Back and Starry-Eyed

Runway Highlights for:

Iceberg 
Spring/Summer 2012
Milano Moda Uomo 

From eccentric blues, greens, reds to deep plums and rich whites and grays; this collection was strikingly inventive in a classical way with the use of settle details. There were appearances of extra strips of fabric down the center of collared shirts and on the inner flaps of jackets and blazers. 



Runway Highlights for:

Gazzarrini
Spring/Summer 2012





Runway Highlights for:

Enrico Coveri
Spring/Summer 2012





Signing up for fashion promotions class was when I realized what my niche was in the fashion industry. This  class not only prepared me for my first viewing of a real live runway show but also made me appreciate it even more. In class, I took on the role of being the lead stylist and runway choreographer. I was able to take what I learned and apply my knowledge to the art of producing a fashion show. While in class, I became aware of all the work, time, and all of the people and the kind of team work it takes to successful gap together parts and pieces in order to satisfy the designer's vision and what the collection entails. The work that is done before the runway production fascinates me and it is something that I can see myself being a part of. Runway shows to me, are like bodies of walking art, tying in theatrical effects with music choices that embodies the mood of each and every show. Nothing is more rewarding than to see all of your hard work unravel successfully. 

In this case, the Iceberg Spring/Summer 2012 collection brought chills down my spine, and at that moment, I knew that this was something that I would dedicate my life to. In the near future, I want to eventually put together a runway show of my own, displaying my clothing line. This has been an on-going ambition of mine since I was a little girl.







No comments:

Post a Comment